Saturday, December 10, 2011

My 1st ever Blog entry!

I have been wanting to start my own blog for years but I never really had the time and the courage to do so...FINALLY!! This is it! My own blog!!! Crazy isn't it?

I was inspired to start my own blog by this famous make-up Guru whom I always watch and read about. I think a lot of people know her because she is really good at her craft.

Her name is Jen. She's a Korean-American who is a make-up artist/beauty blogger. You could visit her blog at http://www.frmheadtotoe.com.


Here's a screen capture of her video blog.

*click on the image to visit her blog.

She's the reason why I started trying make-up in the first place. To tell you honestly, I really don't know how to put make-up before! I am awful with colors and whenever I put eyeshadow and try to add shading, I always end up looking like a clown or a girl with a black eye! Until I came across her blog last year. And from then on I have always followed her blog. And since we're both Asians, I thought her technique could work for me since my eyes are also “chinky” like hers. :)

My first attempt with make-up was just okay, but you couldn't really tell that I'm wearing make-up! :) As they say, “Practice Makes Perfect”! So I tried a lot of times until I think that I was a lot better than before. But I was still not confident enough, so I attended a Basic Make-Up workshop in Suesh, and here's the photo of my Before & After during the workshop.


 The brushes in this shop is highly recommended! You can visit their site at http://www.suesh.multiply.com (for Manila customers) and http://www. suesh.com.sg (for Singapore customers)

Although it's still not very "amazingly" good, for me its good enough knowing that I've never really had any experience in make-up and I was bad at it before.

Since then my addiction to make-up is CRAZY; however, my collection is not wide enough since I don't usually put make-up everyday because my skin is VERY sensitive. I get breakouts easily. So this blog will mostly talk about make-up and products that worked for me with a SUPER DUPER sensitive skin. 

To end my first entry, I wanna thank Jen for inspiring me to start my Blog and most especially for inspiring me to try make-up. She's like the best make-up tutor ever! (Well for me she is) :)

Have a great day everyone! Smile! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment