Sunday, May 4, 2014

Makeup Forever Academy Experience

It has been a dream of mine to study professional makeup artistry but I have set it aside thinking that it is just something that'll pass. Almost 5 years has passed and the passion and the eagerness to learn is still there so I finally decided to take up the 1st Module in the Makeup Forever Academy here in Singapore and so far I am having the greatest time of my life. I get to practice my skills with a professional actually checking and looking at my work. It is really different when you learn it from a Pro and start from the basics. I am also one of those people who watches youtube tutorials to learn different types of makeup, and I have proven that it is still different when you are doing it in somebody else's face and not yours.

The module 1 course includes a few basic brushes, loose powders, correctors, sculpting kit, lip palettes, mascara, eye base, eyeliner, lip liner, brush cleaner, and a brush holder. Below is the photo of the place and the student kit included:




I have been taking up the class in part time (6:30-9:30 pm) and so far I am having so much fun. It's been awhile since I felt so eager to learn something. I still have 2 more weeks to go and I'm finally graduating but it doesn't mean that I should stop there. But for the mean time this will be it for this year. To end my entry, below are some of the before and after photos of my models during my classes. And for anyone out there who wants to learn makeup, go for it! It doesn't mean that you need to be a makeup artist right after. You can just take up the class and see whether that is what you want. It's never too late to learn new stuff. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment