Sunday, October 20, 2013

Lime Crime’s Velvetines Review & Swatches ( Red Velvet | Suedeberry )

Most girls have been raving about this product from Lime Crime and I hopped into the bandwagon to try it out and see what the craze is all about.




The Lime Crime’s Velvetines liquid lipstick is very pigmented. It has that liquid-velvety feeling when applied to the lips and it dries as matte. After application, the color is smudge-proof for a certain period of time. And I love how it actually stands by its promise 'cause when I tried it the only time it slightly came off is after I ate a meal. But it still did not came off permanently, my lip still has a slight stain and left with that lip line color which was a bit irritating and I find that it's one of the downside of this product most especially if you didn't bring along the product for touch up. I actually tried rubbing it just to see if it will come off but it just smudged a bit until my lip area was red and stained. Another downside with this is that if you have dry lips then this product may not have the same smooth effect on your lips than other products. After applying, it literally dries up. Normally whenever I apply lip products I tend to glide my lips together to blend the colors, but I couldn't do the same with this product. I have to put a lip balm on top just so I can have that smooth texture.


Lime Crime's Velvetines only have 2 colors, the Suedeberry and the Red Velvet. Both of them are really great colors most especially if you’re into that bold lip colors. The Suedeberry is a peachy-coral shade while the Red Velvet is a vibrant bold RED color which is perfect for a pin-up girl look.





This product is really different from all the products that I have tried so far, and now I understand why girls really raved about this product. It's really hard not to love it because you seldom find lip products that stays long on your lips and yet gives that amazing color. For me, it’s not really for everyday makeup but it's good for special occasions most especially if you're into bold makeups. I do recommend this to those who wanna try this out especially if you are looking for a lipstick with a strong holding power. Though it only has 2 shades, I still think that it's a great addition to your makeup collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment