Sunday, October 6, 2013

Real Techniques Brush Review

Having the perfect tool is one of the important things when you're into a specific hobby, and for all make up beginners out there it doesn't mean that you have to buy ALL the different types of brushes out there. Let's just say that it's a good way to learn and practice with a perfect tool, but for those of you who are afraid to invest on brushes right away you can always depend on your FINGERS! The ever reliable blending tool when all else fails. :)

But for those who wants to explore on brushes The Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman are a good way to start with.  I bought my Real Techniques brush collection in Ulta and have it shipped via Comgateway to Singapore since Ulta only ships in US.



The Core Collection is the perfect collection that has everything that you need for your overall face makeup. The main brush that I always use is the Buffing Brush which works best for me when applying my Bare Minerals foundation. The Pointed Foundation Brush is also reliable when applying my liquid foundation but I like to follow it up by using a sponge to blend it even more. The Contour Brush helps you in creating that soft, sheer contour and highlight, and the Detailer Brush is perfect when applying concealer on certain small areas with blemishes.



The Starter Set is the best set of brushes for all beginners out there. I recommend this set because all the brushes that you need is in this collection. The brush that you will often use is the Shadow, the Crease and the Accent brush. It is perfect for depositing and blending shadow colors and the bristles are so soft it doesn't hurt when you blend away with your shadow. The Brow Brush is one of my favorite! I am so obsessed with brows nowadays that I want precise lines whenever I'm applying brow makeup. It has this flat angled brush that glides perfectly when you apply your brow make up, definitely a must have for all brow addicts.  And for all of you who are obsessed with eyeliners, the Pixel-Point Eyeliner brush is your new best friend. Though I wish this would've been an angled eyeliner brush which is perfect for the winged eyeliner, but this is okay as it still it helps with the creation of thin lines in your eyes.



I love these brushes so much that I don't want to overuse them, but I must say these are definitely a great addition to my collection. They are soft and they are amazingly good with blending.

Will I purchase more? I think I am! I have a few brushes in my wish list that I plan to buy in the next few months. :)

Thanks and hope this review helps you in your brush purchase :)


No comments:

Post a Comment